Release of FileStar 4.5, Employee Profiles, 18 years in business and Security Updates. Read More...
News You Can Use
For our Fall newsletter, we thought that it might be helpful to provide a quick link to all of our blog entries for 2014. Read More...
Believe it or not, FileStar is actually ten years old. It has come a long way since the first client used it to host all of the real estate documents for 300+ Kmart stores that were deemed excess property. Here is a summary of the many great features of FileStar in its current form. Read More...
CollectDocs is our amazing online checklist application but with file attachment and automation to make it a powerful, 21st century tool. Read More...
- Release of FileStar 4.5 — The release of our new version of FileStar is delayed to January 1, 2015, but we think the extra time in development is going to be worth it for our customers. The process requires significant customer input, because we are building FileStar to meet the needs of our customers, not Millennia Group. The input we have received has included some needed improvements to existing features and some great new features. We have listened, strategized, laughed (no, this release of FileStar will not play different types of background music depending on what type of documents you are viewing like different levels in the parking garage) and even scratched our heads. In the end we believe we will have used the input wisely for this release and we will continue to provide additional releases with more input and customer experiences incorporated. Thank you for your patience.
- Employee Profiles —
- Dave Wolf – Dave has been with Millennia Group as one of our amazing developers since 2002. Dave provides an endless amount of creative energy and vision to our application development. He is meticulous with data structure and planning for all of our client projects. Outside of Millennia Group Dave is a huge basketball fan, an up and coming golfer and a fitness nut.
- Evelyn Gallegos – Evelyn is a perfectionist in our scanning services area. She leads the scan operators who work miracles to turn millions of pages of paper into readable digital documents. Evelyn has been a valued Millennia employee since 2003. Evelyn has two beautiful children and enjoys spending time with her family.
- 18 Years in Business — September, 2014 marked the beginning of our 19th year in business. We are grateful to our valued employees, suppliers, partners and of course our customers, many of whom we have been providing services and solutions to for over 10 years. Thank you and we look forward to many more years of helping you work smarter.
- Security Updates
No Millennia Group servers, network appliances, or network connected devices were ever affected by the recently disclosed "Shellshock" bug (CVE-2014-6271). Shellshock affects an open-source scripting language known as Bash that is widely used in many operating systems (Linux, Mac, Unix) and network devices (firewalls, routers). No Millennia devices or equipment currently run or have ever run any version of Bash and are entirely unaffected. For more detailed information about how Shellshock works, see fedoramagazine.org.
POODLE (SSL v3 vulnerability)
Google recently discovered and disclosed "POODLE" (CVE-2014-3566), a vulnerability in an older version of the SSL protocol (SSL 3.0) that could allow secure connections to be decrypted by an attacker. Millennia Group has taken steps to protect its customers from exploitation of this vulnerability by disabling any usage of SSL 3.0 on any of our servers. A more modern and secure protocol (TLS) has always been available and utilized for secure connections to Millennia Group websites, and Millennia Group will continue to support the best available protocols for secure connections to its websites and servers. For more information about POODLE, see googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com.au.
News You can Use
For our Fall newsletter, we thought that it might be helpful to provide a quick link to all of our blog entries for 2014. We hope that you can use some of the content to spur conversations or new ideas in your company. In some cases the title gives a clear indication of the topic. Where it didn't, we have provided some insight.
- Easy Isn't Always Nirvana (It's easy to lose control of folders on the network or in the cloud. Some control is a good thing)
- To Destroy or Not To Destroy, That is the Real Question
- Getting it Done - Integration 101
- Training, Overlooked and Under Appreciated
- Digital Document Organization - Got Folders?
- A Little Out There (a few thoughts that are a little out there)
- Taking Inventory of Your Digital Folders
- Ready, Set, Start that BPA Project (but only after reading this first)
- Gym Shoes Required (Cost justification for imaging)
- Business Process Automation - How is your Company Doing?
- Organize, Consolidate and Share
- We Have Seen the Light, and we want you to see it too (Scanning is a part of process improvement)
Believe it or not, FileStar is actually ten years old. It has come a long way since the first client used it to host all of the real estate documents for 300+ Kmart stores that were deemed excess property. Here is a summary of the many great features of FileStar in its current form. It should be noted that all of these features will be in the new version along with many other improvements.
- A highly configurable workflow module with user queues, notifications and reporting
- Automated notification system when documents are added or updated
- Add documents via email directly to FileStar
- Scan directly to FileStar with our new scan interface
- Upload a batch of files all at once and tag the files in a batch
- Export groups of documents to a zip file or merge a group of PDF's into single PDF
- Save search results to your custom folders on your home page
- Convert all uploaded PDFs to PDF's with searchable text
- Full text search on all PDF's and Microsoft file types
- Integration with other applications
- Single Sign-on (coming in November)
- Thumbnail view of image files
- Custom reports for compliance and tracking
- Document Retention features including queues for documents ready for destruction
If you are not aware of these features or if your version doesn't have these features, please give us a call, we would be happy to provide training or schedule a version upgrade.
CollectDocs is our amazing online checklist application but with file attachment and automation to make it a powerful, 21st century tool.
Here is a short list of new features and a link to the latest newsletter. Check out all of the old newsletters for some fantastic Use Cases that can provide immediate bang for the buck.
- Provide a user with access to only selected sections of a checklist
- Due Dates for the checklist and for any item in a checklist
- Filters within a checklist to highlight important information
- Global and checklist level reports to highlight incomplete items, the responsible person for missing items and many other critical issues.
We will continue to add new features. Give it a try and let us know what you think – www.collectdocs.com. It is free for 30 days.